View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Backspace and ESC keys not working in game 
Rookie

Post Backspace and ESC keys not working in game
I can't seem to get the backspace key or the escape key working in-game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I can't figure out what's going on, since backspace and escape works just fine outside PSOBB, like here for instance.

Any ideas? I don't remember having this same problem playing on SCHTHACK years ago. I'd just remap the controls but you don't seem to be able to remap the menu controls either.

Kinda tough, if I go into any menu you have to escape (shops for example) I'm trapped!

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:39 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Backspace and ESC keys not working in game
Just as an aside, I even wrote up a script that would send the backspace key whenever I pressed \. This works perfectly in notepad, but still doesn't do anything in PSOBB. It's like it's ignoring that key entirely. Really strange.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 pm
Rookie

Screenshot for Wench Ziva!

I'm trying to change these, but when I press "Enter" while they are highlighted, nothing happens. I can change the mapped keys in the movement section though, which is strange.

The "setting improper item" heading there worries me too. That looks an awful lot like an error message? Like it couldn't find the section of the config that handles that? Does it say that on anyone else's options?

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:55 pm
God

If it still does not work after you restarted your computer then please feel free to make a new in game account to try on.

As I think something messed up when the account was created.
It should not loop like that

what yours looks like
:ESC/BACK SPAC
EHOME

what it should look like
:ESC/BACK SPACE
:HOME

If the issue still persists on the new account I will have the admin look into the issue.

Dr. Frasier Crane wrote:
"Lazy-guy. I wonder what they call the deluxe model? The hopeless slack-ass?"

Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm
Rookie

Thanks for the help! I actually figured something out, this only happens when I'm remoted in using tightvnc server. I tried using Chrome Remote Desktop and ultravnc as my server and they work fine. This has to be some sort of weird bug that happens in the way tightvnc is transmitting those keys from my client machine to the host actually running PSOBB. No idea what's going on there, that's over my head.

Either way, thanks for the assistance Wench Ziva!

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]